SUBMITTING TO STARS & STAFFS
The May Contest theme is CREATURES. All stories must be submitted by May 31 at 5pm Pacific Time. Stories must be 500-1500 words in any Fantasy or Science Fiction style. Please read our full list of submission requirements below.
Selected author may select any SF/F novel or collection past or present for Feature status on Stars & Staffs.
· Email your manuscript to starsandstaffs at gmail.com following the submission guidelines below.
· We DO NOT accept previously published stories. This includes stories published on personal sites.
· We DO NOT accept fan fiction.
· We do enjoy a great battle description, love story, or alien encounter, but we DO NOT accept stories with gratuitous graphic violence or adult content.
· Your email should have your name, the story title, and the word count in the body of the email. The attached · · Word or Google Doc document should be labeled with this information as well.
· The email title should contain Submission-Title-Name. For example: 'Submission-The Stars Have Staffs-PS Guy'
· Your submission should have a Word or Google Doc document attached to your email. Do not paste the story into the body of your email.
By submitting your work to S&S you are agreeing to receive future author offers and marketing emails from your fellow SF&Fantasy authors from the S&S website. We will NEVER sell your information. (opt out available upon receipt of first email).
If we accept your work for featuring on the S&S site or for one of our anthologies, Stars & Staffs maintains exclusive world wide publishing Rights for One (1) year. Upon completion of the year, all rights revert to the author.
· 11 or 12 point Arial or Times New Roman
· Single spaces after periods (full stops)
· Double spaced
· Indent paragraphs using the ruler at the top, not the tab button or spacebar
· No headers or footers or page numbers
· Title and Author's Name or Pseudonym inside the document only. If you are using a pseudonym for your submission, please include your real name in the email and let us know you use a pseudonym. Additional marketing information (your site, twitter, FB page) will be gathered after we accept your story for publication.
· S&S are not prepared to act as an editing service. Please do your best to submit the cleanest copy possible. Send your story to a friend or read it aloud before submission.
The editorial staff look forward to reading your story. We are rooting for you. As P.S. says, "Authors are the artists who document the beauty and possibility of existence."